Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS186 Visa)
This visa has 3 main streams
COMPETENT ENGLISH FOR TRANSITION STREAM
DIRECT ENTRY STREAM REQUIREMENTS
COMPETENT ENGLISH FOR DIRECT ENTRY STREAM
The Department of Home Affairs has commenced the collection of Tax File Numbers for these visa holders, and data will be matched with the Australian Tax Office’s records to ensure that visa holders are not paid less than their nominated salary.
Recent changes- 2019
The 186 visa permanent employer sponsored skilled visa programmes:
- Occupation lists: The MLTSSL will now apply to both the ENS and the RSMS, with additional occupations available to support regional employers for the RSMS.
- Minimum market salary rate: Employers must pay the Australian market salary rate and meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold.
- Residency: The eligibility period to transition to permanent residence will be extended from two to three years (people on a 457 visa and wanting to apply for 186/187 visa).
- Work experience: At least three years’ work experience relevant to the particular occupation will be required.
- Age: All applicants must be under the maximum age requirement of 45 at the time of application.
- Training requirement: Employers nominating a worker for an ENS or RSMS visa will be required to pay a contribution to the Skilling Australians Fund. The contribution will be:
- payable in full at the time the worker is nominated.
- $3,000 for small businesses (those with annual turnover of less than $10 million) and $5,000 for other businesses.
- If you are granted a 457 visa after 18 April 2017 off the STSOL list, it can only be granted for 2 years. There will be one (only) further extension allowed after that for another 2 years. You will not be allowed to apply for a permanent 186/187 visa under that occupation if it is on the STSOL.
- If I have held a 457 visa for the last 2 years and now eligible for 186 Transition(TRT) will I be affected by the new 3 years’ work experience requirement? no, you may meet fall under the grand fathering provisions.
- Latest changes to the 186 visa can be seen here
- 2019 ENS 186 visa immigration news
Australia visa options
TR to PR
Book a Consultation
Migration Agent Melbourne
- Partner visa eligibility 2019
- PR Points Calculator 2019
- Business visa eligibility
- Corporate eligibility
- Immigration fees
- Visa processing times
- latest Australia Immigration News
- Skilled Occupation List Australia 2019
- How to become an Australian PR
- Student visa funds calculator
- Citizenship Appointment Reschedule