Adoption Visa: This visa allows an overseas adopted child to live with their adoptive parents in Australia.
AN ADOPTIVE PARENT MUST BE:
- An Australian citizen
- The holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
- An eligible New Zealand citizen
- The child must be outside Australia when the application is lodged and when the visa is granted.
THIS VISA IS FOR CHILDREN:
- Outside Australia when the application is lodged and when the visa is granted
- Younger than 18 years old
- Already adopted or in the process of being adopted
- Sponsored by an adoptive parent or prospective adoptive parent
This information is for people wanting to sponsor a child for an Adoption visa (subclass 102).
It is usually the sponsoring parent who prepares the relevant documents and lodges the application.