Australian Business Visas
Business Innovation & Investment Subclass 188 visas are for investors and business owners who wish to establish business operations in Australia. The visa is valid for 4 years.
There are 5 eligibility streams:
- This visa is for successful business owners or investors from overseas who are willing invest in new or existing business in Australia or make designated investment in Australia State or Territory government bonds.
- 188B VISA (INVESTOR STREAM)
- This is a 4 year temporary visa. Once you have maintained an investment in Australia for 4 years, you can apply for permanent residence through the Business Innovation & Investment (Residence) Subclass 888 visa.
- for people who are willing to invest at least AUD5million into complying significant investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants can be nominated by a state or territory government or Austrade on behalf of the Australian government.
- for people who are willing to invest at least AUD15million into complying premium investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by Austrade on behalf of the Australian government.
- for people who have a funding agreement from a third party for at least AUD200 000 to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity that is proposed to lead to either the commercialistion of a product or service in Australia or the development of a business in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by a state or territory government.
- Calculate your points and see your eligibility
- This visa is the second stage of the Business Innovation and Investment visa. You can apply for this 888 permanent visa after holding the 188 provisional visa either for 2 years in the Business Innovation Stream or 4 years in the Investor Stream and you have met all prescribed criteria.
If you apply to migrate to Australia under the Business Innovation and Investment program, you will be assessed against a points test.
This is a permanent visa designed for high calibre business people who are owners or part owners of an overseas business and have a genuine and realistic commitment to participate in the management of a new or existing business in Australia.