Skilling Australians Fund (SAF Levy)
REFUNDS OF THE SAF LEVY
Refunds are generally not available for the Levy paid for TSS nominations, however it is possible under the following:
- applications where the employer’s sponsorship (SBS) application is refused
- applications where the employer’s sponsorship is approved, but the employee’s subsequent visa application is refused based on character or health grounds.
- When an approved TSS 482 visa holder does not actually commence work with the sponsor.
- When a TSS 482 visa holder ceases work with their sponsoring employer in the first 12 months of employment. The refund will be calculated based on the balance of the years remaining on the visa.
- When the nomination was withdrawn