SeekVisa 2019 Scholarship
- These are some of the questions and topics you could address in your video/submission:
- Do you believe legal migration is “in excess of the capacities of our cities to absorb”? both culturally or in terms of infrastructure? immigration is in excess of the capacities of our cities to absorb?
- Australia’s cities were “overcrowded” including “gridlocked traffic in the mornings” and use of services like hospitals?
- increase in population growth has come from is the more temporary migration (international students and people on extended holidays) in Australia?
- cutting migration would improve “stagnant wages, unaffordable housing and clogged infrastructure”?
- You can look at it from an economical, social or immigration law perspective.
- encourage international students to move to regional centres, which could ease population growth in Sydney and Melbourne
- split the capitals in two or three to deal with a growing population (e.g. having multiple CBDs)
Available to: Students, applicants may apply for selection in one round only each calendar year.
Level of study: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
Course/Subject: Open to all students enrolled in a course of secondary, tertiary or post-graduate practical education/training.
Awarded to: Students
Award value: as above
Application open: 1 July 2019
Application close: 30 March 2020
Who decides: The panel of judges (see below) will serve as the Judging Panel for scholarship applications.
Interview: You may be awarded the scholarship based solely on your completed application; however, we may require shortlisted applicants for an interview.
Winner will be announced on 1 April 2020.
Who can apply
The SeekVisa scholarship is open to domestic and international students, current and future, of all nationalities, that wish to study full time in any discipline in Australia including:
- Certificate 3 and 4, Diploma and Advanced Diploma Courses
- Postgraduate (Coursework or Research)
- Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma courses
Students who have previously applied for the SeekVisa Scholarship and have not been selected are encouraged to apply in future application offerings.
How to Apply
Fill out the below application form or email your application with the below documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- your Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- your submission or video
- please include your name and “Scholarship 2019” in the subject line
- You can use file sharing platforms to send us your submission (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc)