Acupuncturist – ANZSCO 252211
- Treats disorders and illnesses by stimulating the body’s defence mechanisms through inserting fine needles into the skin. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored and 489 State Nominated Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
Skills Assessment Authority: Chinese Medicine Board of Australia
Group: 2522 Complementary Health Therapists
- treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs by considering the whole person rather than focusing on specific symptoms and by using various therapies, techniques and practices.
- assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
- developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
- evaluating and documenting patients’ progress through treatment plans
- providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
- prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body’s capacity for self-healing
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 252211 Acupuncturist
- 252212 Homoeopath
- 252213 Naturopath
- 252214 Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
- 252215 Traditional Maori Health Practitioner
- 252299 Complementary Health Therapists nec