Air Transport Professionals nec – ANZSCO 231199
- This occupation group covers Air Transport Professionals not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Aircraft Navigator
- Airworthiness Inspector
- Flight Engineer Inspector
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa see here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2311 Air Transport Professionals
- fly and navigate aircraft, control and direct air traffic to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground, and instruct students in flying aircraft.
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Aeroplane and Helicopter Pilots require a prescribed minimum amount of flying experience in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 231111 Aeroplane Pilot
- 231112 Air Traffic Controller
- 231113 Flying Instructor
- 231114 Helicopter Pilot
- 231199 Air Transport Professionals nec