Carpenter and Joiner – ANZSCO 331211
- Constructs and installs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, and cuts, shapes and fits timber parts to form structures and fittings. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List and 485 Graduate Work Stream
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3312 Carpenters and Joiners
- construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials, and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures
- nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- cutting wood joints
- may construct concrete formwork
- may repair existing fittings
- may work with plastic laminates, perspex and metals
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 331211 Carpenter and Joiner
- 331212 Carpenter
- 331213 Joiner