Carpenter – ANZSCO 331212
- Constructs, erects, installs, renovates and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Fixing Carpenter
- Formwork Carpenter
- Prop and Scenery Maker
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
To see if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa click here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3312 Carpenters and Joiners
- construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials, and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures
- nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- cutting wood joints
- may construct concrete formwork
- may repair existing fittings
- may work with plastic laminates, perspex and metals
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 331211 Carpenter and Joiner
- 331212 Carpenter
- 331213 Joiner