Civil Engineering Draftsperson – ANZSCO 312211
- Prepares detailed drawings and plans for civil engineering work in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Plumbing Engineering Draftsperson
- Road Design Draftsperson
- Sewage Reticulation Drafting Officer
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List and 485 Graduate Work Stream
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS/Engineers Australia
Group: 3122 Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
- assist in civil engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- 312212 Civil Engineering Technician