Commissioned Defence Force Officer – ANZSCO 139111
- Provides high level management to support the running of an organisational unit within the Australian or New Zealand Defence Forces.
This occupation includes the following ranks:
Air Force: Flight Lieutenant, Flying Officer, Pilot Officer, Squadron Leader
Army: Captain, Lieutenant, Major, Second Lieutenant
Navy: Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Midshipman, Sub Lieutenant
This occupation excludes Commissioned Defence Force Officers performing duties for which there is a civilian equivalent. These officers are included with the civilian occupation, for example, Nursing Officers are included in Unit Group 2544 Registered Nurses, in Occupation 254499 Registered Nurses nec.
- Skill Level
- Air Defence Officer (Air Force) (Aus)
- Ground Defence Officer (Air Force) (Aus)
- Military Police Officer (Air Force) (NZ)
- Security Police Officer (Air Force) (Aus)
- Armoured Corps Officer (Army)
- Artillery Officer (Army)
- General Service Officer (Army) (Aus)
- Infantry Officer (Army)
- Military Police Officer (Army)
- Special Service Officer (Army) (Aus)
- Military Police Officer (Navy) (NZ)
- Observer (Navy)
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 1391 Commissioned Officers (Management)
- provide high level management to support the running of organisational, geographical and operational units and sections within the defence forces and fire and police services.
- establishing administrative and operational procedures by taking account of the organisation’s operating environment
- making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
- establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
- controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
- preparing budgets and other management plans
- preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 139111 Commissioned Defence Force Officer
- 139112 Commissioned Fire Officer
- 139113 Commissioned Police Officer