Conveyancer – ANZSCO 599111
- Acts for and on behalf of clients in the area of property and business transfers. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Settlement Agent
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 491 Occupations List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- Skills AssessmentAuthority: VETASSESS
Group: 5991 Conveyancers and Legal Executives
- act for and on behalf of clients in the areas of property transfer, company and business law, trusts, wills, probate and litigation.
- preparing, examining and advising on contracts of sale for properties and businesses
- carrying out title searches and contacting government authorities to find out if any planned development, illegal building work and disputes could affect properties and businesses
- preparing, examining and advising on mortgage documentation
- negotiating the terms and conditions of, and exchanging, contracts of sale, paying deposits, arranging payment of stamp duty, checking for outstanding arrears and land tax obligations, and calculating adjustments for council and water rates
- interviewing clients to determine the nature of issues, and receiving written information concerning cases from Legal Professionals and clients
- conferring with clients and potential witnesses and drawing up statements and proposed affidavits in preparation for court proceedings
- maintaining legal files
- preparing, analysing and interpreting a variety of legal documents
- assisting Legal Professionals to prepare cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and preparing and filing court documents
- may supervise Law Clerks and Legal Secretaries and take responsibility for their work
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 599111 Conveyancer
- 599112 Legal Executive