Court Bailiff or Sheriff (Aus) / Court Collections Officer (NZ) – ANZSCO 599212
- Implements court orders and serves legal orders and summonses as an officer of the court.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa see here.
- Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 5992 Court and Legal Clerks
- provide administrative and operational support to Legal Professionals by performing clerical work associated with the functions of courts, legal practices and the administration of trusts and estates.
Legal Secretaries, Court Reporters and Legal Executives are excluded from this unit group. Legal Secretaries are included in Unit Group 5212 Secretaries. Court Reporters are included in Unit Group 5321 Keyboard Operators, in Occupation 532112 Machine Shorthand Reporter. Legal Executives are included in Unit Group 5991 Conveyancers and Legal Executives.
- listing actions for hearing and processing documentation for court actions
- documenting details of court proceedings, actions and decisions
- enforcing the law as an officer of the court by executing court orders such as eviction notices
- serving legal orders and documents such as summonses and subpoenas
- organising jury and witness lists, and summonsing and swearing in juries and witnesses
- maintaining order in court and hearing rooms and adjacent areas
- assisting Solicitors in areas of conveyancing, contracts, common law, probate and other legal practice matters
- satisfying statutory requirements, establishing beneficial entitlements and distributing assets
- maintaining probate and trust files, investing trust funds and administering accounts
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 599211 Clerk of Court
- 599212 Court Bailiff or Sheriff (Aus) / Court Collections Officer (NZ)
- 599213 Court Orderly (Aus) / Court Registry Officer (NZ)
- 599214 Law Clerk
- 599215 Trust Officer