Dental Hygienist – ANZSCO 411211
- Carries out preventative dental procedures under the direction of a Dentist. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa see here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 4112 Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists
- provide supportive dental services in preventative and restorative dental procedures, and construct and repair dental appliances.
- providing educational programs to motivate children, parents and the community in matters relating to oral health
- providing fluoride therapy by applying remineralising solutions and desensitising agents
- removing deposits from teeth
- applying non-invasive fissure sealants to teeth
- taking impressions of the mouth
- taking dental radiographs
- administering local anaesthesia by infiltration and mandibular nerve block
- fabricating full and partial dentures
- constructing mouth guards, crowns, metal clasps, inlays, bridgework and other aids
- repairing and relining denture bases
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 411211 Dental Hygienist
- 411212 Dental Prosthetist
- 411213 Dental Technician
- 411214 Dental Therapist