Economist – ANZSCO 224311
- Performs economic research and analysis, develops and applies theories about production and distribution of goods and services and people’s spending and financial behaviour, and provides advice to governments and organisations on economic policy issues.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Agricultural Economist
- Economic Forecaster
- Environmental Economist
- Health Economist
- Labour Market Economist
- Mineral Economist
- Taxation Economist
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2243 Economists
- perform economic research and analysis, develop and apply theories about production and distribution of goods and services and people’s spending and financial behaviour, and provide advice to governments and organisations on economic policy issues.
Statisticians are excluded from this unit group. Statisticians are included in Unit Group 2241 Actuaries, Mathematicians and Statisticians.
- analysing interrelationships between economic variables and studying the effects of government fiscal and monetary policies, expenditure, taxation and other budgetary policies on the economy and the community
- researching, analysing and assessing the effects of labour market programs and industry policies and programs on economic growth, welfare, education and training
- investigating international and national economic situations, and particular features such as industries, regions and socioeconomic groups
- studying workplace issues such as enterprise bargaining and wage fixation, and the effect of workplace policies on productivity and economic growth
- analysing trends and advising on economic issues such as taxation levels, prices, employment and unemployment, imports and exports, and interest and exchange rates
- forecasting changes in the economic environment for short-term budgeting, long-term planning and investment evaluation
- formulating recommendations, policies and plans for the economy, corporate strategies and investment, and undertaking feasibility studies for projects
- preparing reports on research findings
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group