Electrical Engineering Draftsperson – ANZSCO 312311
- Prepares detailed drawings and plans of electrical installations and circuitry in support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Electrical Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Electrical Engineering Detail Draftsperson
- Electrical Engineering Drafting Officer
- Relays Draftsperson
- Substation Design Draftsperson
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: Engineers Australia
Group: 3123 Electrical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
- assist in electrical engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry
- assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating materials costs and quantities
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements
- undertaking electrical workshop functions such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices
- assisting with research and experimentation programs
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312311 Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
- 312312 Electrical Engineering Technician