Electronic Engineering Technician – ANZSCO 312412
- Conducts tests of electronic systems, collects and analyses data, and assembles circuitry in support of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Aircraft Electronics Technical Officer
- Communications Engineering Technical Officer
- Communications Engineering Technician
- Digital Controls Technical Officer
- Flight Surveyor
- Printed Circuit Board Designer
- Process Control Technician
- Telemetry Technician
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa see here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3124 Electronic Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
- assist in electronic engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams for electronic engineering work
- developing, constructing and testing electronic equipment and associated circuitry in accordance with technical manuals and instructions of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- performing tests, graphing results, preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating material costs and quantities
- evaluating performance of equipment
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications, drawings, contracts and regulations
- installing, testing, repairing and modifying electronic equipment
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312411 Electronic Engineering Draftsperson
- 312412 Electronic Engineering Technician