Electronic Equipment Trades Worker – ANZSCO 342313
- Installs, maintains and repairs electronic equipment and systems such as audio and visual reproduction equipment, home entertainment systems, computers and electronic security systems.
- Skill Level
- Audiovisual Technician
- Fire Alarm Technician
- Home Theatre Technician
- Security Technician
- Video Technician
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3423 Electronics Trades Workers
- maintain, adjust and repair electronic equipment such as business machines, video and audio equipment, and electronic instruments and control systems, and transmit and receive radio messages.
- examining and testing machines, equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
- adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments
- reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
- advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
- receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
- monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
- installing electronic instruments and control systems
- applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 342311 Business Machine Mechanic
- 342312 Communications Operator
- 342313 Electronic Equipment Trades Worker
- 342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General)
- 342315 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)