Fire Fighter – ANZSCO 441212
- Responds to fire alarms and emergency calls, controls and extinguishes fires, and protects life and property. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Fire Engineer (Army)
- Fire Prevention Officer
- Leading Firefighter
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 4412 Fire and Emergency Workers
- attend emergencies to minimise risk to community safety and security and protect life and property.
- attending the scene of fires and other emergencies reported to authorities
- rescuing and evacuating people stranded or trapped in dangerous situations
- operating pumps, spraying water, foam and chemicals from hoses, portable extinguishers and other appliances to extinguish fires and to disperse or neutralise dangerous substances
- cutting openings in buildings and crashed vehicles to free occupants
- maintaining site security systems
- administering first aid
- attending and participating in training activities, rescue classes, drills, demonstrations and courses in emergency and fire-fighting techniques
- training recruits in emergency procedures and practices
- visiting buildings and potential fire hazards to study access points and locations of hydrants
- maintaining tools and equipment
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 441211 Emergency Service Worker
- 441212 Fire Fighter