Floor Finisher – ANZSCO 332111
- Measures, cuts, installs and repairs soft and resilient floor coverings. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Carpet Layer
- Parquetry Layer
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3321 Floor Finishers
- measure, cut, install and repair soft and resilient floor coverings.
- measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required
- preparing surfaces for covering and removing baseboard trims
- measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials
- laying coverings, such as carpets, linoleum, parquetry blocks, cork tiles and other resilient flooring materials, over floors, matching patterns, cutting shapes around fixtures and trimming edges
- securing floor coverings and fitting edge trims in doorways
- sanding, staining and applying finishing coatings to timber floors
- may install wall, ceiling, counter and bench coverings
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group