Fruit or Nut Grower – ANZSCO 121213
- Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow fruit and nuts.
- Skill Level
- Market Gardener (Fruit) (Aus)
- Olive Grower
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 1212 Crop Farmers
- plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to grow crops.
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops, such as grain, cotton, sugar cane, fruit and nuts, vegetables, turf and flowers, from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- selecting and planting seeds, seedlings and bulbs, and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- maintaining crop production by cultivating, de-budding and pruning, and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- organising and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce, and organising the sale, purchase and despatch of produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity, and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 121211 Cotton Grower
- 121212 Flower Grower
- 121213 Fruit or Nut Grower
- 121214 Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Grower (Aus) / Field Crop Grower (NZ)
- 121215 Grape Grower
- 121216 Mixed Crop Farmer
- 121217 Sugar Cane Grower
- 121218 Turf Grower
- 121221 Vegetable Grower (Aus) / Market Gardener (NZ)
- 121299 Crop Farmers nec