Gallery or Museum Technician – ANZSCO 399311
- Prepares artworks, specimens and artefacts for collections, and arranges and constructs gallery or museum exhibits.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills assessment authority: VETASSESS
Group: 3993 Gallery, Library and Museum Technicians
- prepare artworks, specimens and artefacts for collections, arrange and construct gallery exhibits, and assist Librarians to organise and operate systems for handling recorded material and files.
- mounting and preparing objects for display
- designing and arranging exhibit furnishings, display cases and display areas
- assisting in setting up lighting and display equipment
- receiving, shipping, packing and unpacking exhibits
- ordering new library materials and maintaining library records and circulation systems
- cataloguing printed and recorded material
- entering data into databases and editing computer records
- operating audiovisual and reprographic equipment
- searching and verifying bibliographic data
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 399311 Gallery or Museum Technician
- 399312 Library Technician