ICT Business Development Manager – ANZSCO 225212
- Identifies and generates new ICT business opportunities to further improve market share and awareness by gaining an understanding of customers’ ICT needs and promoting goods and services to these customers. May manage some key customer accounts.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2252 ICT Sales Professionals
- manage client accounts and represent companies in selling a range of computer hardware, software and other ICT goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other organisations.
- compiling lists of prospective client businesses using trade directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer’s and competitors’ goods and services, and market conditions
- visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assessing customers’ needs and explaining the goods and services which meet their needs
- promoting employers’ ICT goods and services to existing and prospective clients
- quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of ICT goods and services
- following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with ICT goods and services purchased, arranging modifications and resolving any problems arising
- preparing sales reports, and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 225211 ICT Account Manager
- 225212 ICT Business Development Manager
- 225213 ICT Sales Representative