Industrial Designer – ANZSCO 232312
- Plans, designs, develops and documents industrial, commercial or consumer products for manufacture with particular emphasis on ergonomic (human) factors, marketing considerations and manufacturability, and prepares designs and specifications of products for mass or batch production.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Ceramic Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Glass Designer
- Textile Designer
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2323 Fashion, Industrial and Jewellery Designers
- plan, design, develop and document products for manufacture and prepare designs and specifications of products for mass, batch and one-off production.
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking product research and analysing functional, commercial, cultural and aesthetic requirements
- formulating design concepts for clothing, textiles, industrial, commercial and consumer products, and jewellery
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples and models to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, and sales and manufacturing staff
- selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and finishes for manufacture
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- preparing and commissioning prototypes and samples
- supervising the preparation of patterns, programs and tooling, and the manufacture process
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 232311 Fashion Designer
- 232312 Industrial Designer
- 232313 Jewellery Designer