Intensive Care Ambulance Paramedic – ANZSCO 411112
- Provides intensive pre-hospital health care to injured, sick, infirm and aged persons and emergency transport to medical facilities. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 4111 Ambulance Officers and Paramedics
- provide emergency health care and transport for injured, sick, infirm and aged persons to medical facilities.
- attending accidents, emergencies and requests for medical assistance
- assessing health of patients, determining need for assistance, and assessing specialised needs and factors affecting patients’ conditions
- performing therapies and administering drugs according to protocol
- resuscitating and defibrillating patients and operating life-support equipment
- transporting accident victims to medical facilities
- transporting sick and disabled persons to and from medical facilities for specialised treatment and rehabilitation
- instructing community groups and essential service workers in first aid
- attending public gatherings and sporting events where accidents and other health emergencies may occur
- ensuring that ambulances are adequately maintained and stocked with medical supplies, and that equipment is in good working order
- preparing written reports on the state of patients’ injuries and treatment provided
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 411111 Ambulance Officer
- 411112 Intensive Care Ambulance Paramedic (Aus) / Ambulance Paramedic (NZ)