Jeweller – ANZSCO 399411
- Makes and repairs jewellery such as rings, brooches, chains and bracelets, crafts objects out of precious metals, or cuts, shapes and polishes rough gemstones to produce fashion or industrial jewels.
- Skill Level
- Diamond Cutter
- Gem Setter
- Opal Polisher
- Ring Maker
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills assessment authority: TRA
Group: 3994 Jewellers
- make and repair jewellery such as rings, brooches, chains and bracelets, craft objects out of precious metals, and cut, shape and polish rough gemstones to produce fashion and industrial jewels.
- examining designs and specifications for jewellery and precious metal objects
- shaping moulded metal by cutting, filing, beating, turning and bending, using specialised hand and power tools
- assembling articles by soldering, screwing, riveting and otherwise joining
- securing precious stones in retaining prongs and ridges, and smoothing and checking final settings
- engraving designs on ring settings, brooches, bracelets and other articles
- repairing jewellery by soldering, replacing and rebuilding worn and broken parts
- appraising the quality and value of jewellery
- cutting and dividing stones to approximate final shape, using precision hand and power tools and jigs
- securing stones and shapes, cutting angles, smoothing and polishing
- finishing articles using files, emery paper and buffing machines
- restyling old jewellery
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group