Metallurgical or Materials Technician – ANZSCO 312912
- Tests materials as part of mineral and metal processing and refining, or for research into metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials in support of Metallurgists and Materials Engineers. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Dye Penetrant Testing Technician
- Heat Treatment Technician
- Magnetic Testing Technician
- Metallurgy Laboratory Technician
- Non-destructive Testing Technician
- Petroleum Products Laboratory Technician
- Petroleum Refinery Laboratory Technician
- Pressure Testing Technician
- Ultrasound Technician
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 3129 Other Building and Engineering Technicians
- This unit group covers Building and Engineering Technicians not elsewhere classified.
It includes Maintenance Planners, Metallurgical or Materials Technicians, and Mine Deputies.
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312911 Maintenance Planner
- 312912 Metallurgical or Materials Technician
- 312913 Mine Deputy
- 312999 Building and Engineering Technicians nec