Nurse Researcher – ANZSCO 254212
- Designs, conducts and evaluates nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and promotes the implementation of research findings into clinical nursing practice.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: ANMAC
Group: 2542 Nurse Educators and Researchers
- provide clinical and theoretical education to and promote professional development of nurses and midwives, and conduct research into nursing practice.
- researching, planning, developing and implementing nursing curricula
- facilitating practical experience for general and specialist nurses
- evaluating ongoing and changing educational needs and monitoring course outcomes
- participating in developing and implementing policies affecting nursing, nurse education and health
- undertaking and promoting nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and disseminating research information
- promoting utilisation of current research findings into clinical nursing practice and patient management
- promoting the implementation of research and research findings into organisation-wide functions such as safety, quality and risk management
- providing support and education for other nurses undertaking research
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 254211 Nurse Educator
- 254212 Nurse Researcher