Osteopath – ANZSCO 252112
- Diagnoses and treats tissue strains, stresses and dysfunctions which impede normal neural, vascular and biochemical mechanisms, and provides advice on preventing these disorders. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: AOAC
Group: 2521 Chiropractors and Osteopaths
- diagnose and treat physiological and mechanical disorders of the locomotor system and tissue strain, stress and dysfunction that impede normal neural, vascular and biochemical mechanisms, and provide advice on preventing these disorders.
- administering a variety of neurological, musculoskeletal and functional tests to identify and assess physical problems and ailments of patients
- planning and discussing effective management of patients’ dysfunction
- designing, reviewing, monitoring, assessing and evaluating treatment programs
- assisting and improving the function of all body systems such as musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine and genitourinary systems
- recording detailed patient medical histories, treatments delivered and the patients’ responses and progress to treatments
- referring patients to specialists and liaising with other Health Professionals in relation to patients’ problems, needs and progress
- educating patients, their partners, family and friends in therapeutic procedures, such as home exercises and lifestyle changes, to enhance patients’ health and wellbeing
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 252111 Chiropractor
- 252112 Osteopath