Podiatrist – ANZSCO 252611
- Prevents, diagnoses and treats disorder of the feet. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: APodA/ANZPAC
Group: 2526 Podiatrists
- prevent, diagnose and treat disorders of the feet.
- examining patients’ feet to determine the nature and extent of conditions, deformities and injuries
- examining and treating foot disabilities caused by diseases such as diabetes, peripheral vascular disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and other neuropathies
- prescribing and arranging the fabrication of footwear to correct foot abnormalities
- performing minor surgery to remove and improve abnormal conditions
- prescribing and fitting replaceable pads, palliative and functional supports and other devices for the protection and correction of foot abnormalities
- advising patients about continued treatment and foot care
- may provide rehabilitation services to the physically handicapped
- may refer patients to or have patients referred from Medical Practitioners
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group