Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products) – ANZSCO 225412
- Represents companies in selling medical, dental and veterinary equipment and supplies, and pharmaceutical products.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2254 Technical Sales Representatives
- represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
- compiling lists of prospective client businesses using directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employers’ and competitors’ goods and services, and market conditions
- visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assessing customers’ needs and recommending and explaining goods and services to them
- monitoring customers’ changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management
- quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services
- following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising
- preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 225411 Sales Representative (Industrial Products)
- 225412 Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products)
- 225499 Technical Sales Representatives nec