Shearer – ANZSCO 361211
- Removes wool and hair from sheep, goats, alpacas and other animals.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 3612 Shearers
- remove wool and hair from sheep, goats, alpacas and other animals.
- selecting and preparing shearing equipment
- catching and positioning animals for shearing
- shearing and removing wool and hair from animals
- identifying contaminated fibre and injured, infected and diseased animals
- treating skin cuts
- returning shorn animals to let-out pens for counting and checking
- may service, maintain and repair shearing equipment
- may shear stud animals with hand shears or special combs
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group