Sheetmetal Trades Worker – ANZSCO 322211
- Marks out, shapes, forms and joins sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
- Skill Level
- Metal Spinner
- Sheetmetal Patternmaker
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3222 Sheetmetal Trades Workers
- mark out, shape, form and join sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheet metal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 322211 Sheetmetal Trades Worker