Wool Buyer – ANZSCO 639212
- Values and buys wool sold by wool growers.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 6392 Retail and Wool Buyers
- select and buy goods for resale in retail establishments, and value and buy wool sold by wool growers.
- monitoring sales data and stock levels, and studying trade, manufacturers’ and market information to keep informed of changing market conditions
- negotiating purchase, promotion and supply arrangements with suppliers
- designing and implementing pricing, marketing, promotional and display strategies
- liaising with management on long-term planning and sales promotions
- establishing working plans according to seasonal and budgetary requirements
- anticipating consumer trends and determining quantity, style and quality of goods to be purchased
- inspecting, comparing, selecting and valuing wool by determining colour, yield, micron and length
- inspecting and buying wool at auction, in wool brokers’ stores and in farm sheds
- receiving samples from scoured wool exchanges
- may visit freezing works to buy slipe wool
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 639211 Retail Buyer
- 639212 Wool Buyer