South Australia State Nominated Occupation Lists
UPDATE: State requirements for 190 visa
UPDATE: State requirements for 491 visa
Minimum nomination requirements
- Applicants must meet Home Affairs minimum requirements for age, English levels and Points, and
- Applicants must nominate an occupation eligible for a 190 or 491 nomination on the Skilled Migration Occupation List and have a valid and positive Skills Assessment for that occupation, and
- Applicants must be currently working in South Australia for at least the last 3 months in their nominated or closely related occupation, for at least 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight. The work experience must be undertaken post-qualification completion and paid at the appropriate rate for the skill level.
- The following applicants do not have to meet the work experience requirement listed above:
- International graduates of South Australian education institutions who have completed a PhD or Masters by Research.
In addition to the mandatory requirements listed above, applicants who meet the following conditions will have a better chance of being invited to submit an application.
- Applicants with Proficient English overall or higher
- Applicants with at least 90 Points in your Expression of Interest (including state-nomination points)
- Applicants who are currently working in South Australia for at least the last 12 months in their nominated or closely related occupation and claiming Points for Australian work experience
- Applicants who are currently living and working in outer regional South Australia.
- Applicants who meet the critical skills listed here for Commonwealth Government’s Travel Exemption Requirements
If you are currently living and working in South Australia, you may qualify for this stream and additional concessions and waivers.
There are concessions and waivers available and eligibility will be primarily dependent on:
- How long you have been residing and working in South Australia.
- Your nominated occupation
- If you are living and working in outer regional South Australia
This stream is currently unavailable.