Study Graphic Design
Potential Career Outcomes
- Graphic Designer (ANZSCO 232411): currently on Short-term Skilled occupational list (STSOL)
- Multimedia Designer (ANZSCO 232413): currently on Regional Occupation List
- Web Designer (ANZSCO 232414): currently on Short-term Skilled occupational list (STSOL)
Gaining a qualification in graphic designing will equip you with an in-depth knowledge of all aspect of designing and developing digital media technologies. You will gain knowledge in using software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for the purpose of advertising and promotion, branding, signage and packaging. With these qualifications, you will acquire skills to work in a diverse range of graphic designing roles.
Interested in graphic designing? In Australia, there are many courses you can take to start your career in this field. Australia offers courses both at the vocational training level across to higher education. In these courses you will be exposed to topics such as:
- Design Effective User Experiences
- Mass Print Media Advertisements
- Mass Electronic Media Advertisements
- Global Design Trends
- Design Solutions
- Interactive Media
- Digital Art Techniques
- Websites Creation
- Individuals in this field can earn on average $1,346 per week.
- The number of people working in this field is expected to grow strongly over the next 5 years.
- It is projected that over the next 5 years there will be around 27,000 job openings.
- Most people in the field work in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; Manufacturing; and Information Media and Telecommunications industry.
Common Course Requirements
- Completion of secondary education
- Meet English proficiency (Usually at least IELTS 5.5 overall for Vocational courses, or 6.5 for University courses)
- Diploma of Graphic Design
Duration: 43 – 78 weeks
Intake: 4 Terms
Cost: $8,600 – $36,070
Locations: Most cities: Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane
- Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
Duration: 46 – 78 weeks
Intake: 4 Terms
Cost: $10,000 – $36,070
Locations: Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane
- Bachelor of Graphic Design
Duration: 156 – 178 weeks
Intake: February, July
Cost: from $30,000 per year
Locations: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne