Global Talent Independent program (GTI)
The Global Talent – Independent program offers a streamlined, priority visa pathway for highly skilled and talented individuals to work and live permanently in Australia.
About the program
The program is designed to attract skilled migrants at the top future-focused fields to Australia. The program brings the best talent from around the world.
This creates opportunities for Australians by transferring skills, promoting innovation, and creating job opportunities.
We work with Australian universities, industry bodies, and state and territory governments to attract global talent to Australia.
Our Global Talent Officers are located in Berlin, Dubai, New Delhi, Santiago, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington DC. They work across a number of countries in their region, and attend key industry events and expos to promote the program.
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
Expected salary threshold
The high income threshold is currently AUD153,600. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July.
For more information see Fair Work High Income Threshold
How to apply
Access to the program will be via a referral from either:
- a Global Talent Officer
- an organisation or an individual with a national reputation in the same field as the candidate
Use our Global Talent assessment form:
- to refer a highly skilled individual at the top of their field to the Global Talent Independent program (to receive a global talent unique identifier), or
- to lodge a Distinguished Talent visa application through the Global Talent Independent program (you will need a global talent unique identifier)